What's new

Is their any chance for the 80's Twilight Zone on dvd?? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I read in the Anchor Bay chat that they are interested. But, does anyone think that they or MGM will ever release this show on dvd?

MichaelGH

Stunt Coordinator
I would gladly snap up a season by season release of the new twilight zone from the 80's I've wanted it for years although re-watching some episodes on TNT recently, there were quite a few not so great stories in there;) But I'd by it anyway for such classics as:

Shatterday
Paladin of the lost hour
Button, Button
Grandma

Great stuff really;)

Michael

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
The first two seasons were the best when the show was an hour long and an episode could be anywhere from 7 minutes to 40 minutes in length depending on the needs of the story.

In the third season, when they went to a half hour and the production went to Canada, the show went downhill. TNT shows a lot of these because they're already fitted for the time slot. The other stories have to be edited and re-aranged to fit. Sometimes they've added previously unseen material to pad it out. There was a 37 minute story that was too good to edit down to 21 minutes so they expanded it to a two-parter and added 5 minutes! Can't remember the name off hand.

Getting back to the topic: I asked Michael during the chat about several tv shows including Darkroom and the 1980's Twilight Zone. He said that since the studios are releasing more and more tv dvd sets it's harder for small companies to obtain rights. Hopefully MGM will do it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks