What's new

Is the X-Box's DVD player reliable? (1 Viewer)

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
My roomate just moved out with his DVD player, and considering that my PS2 is totally random regarding which DVD's it plays (seems to be a fairly common problem), I need a new player. Is the Xbox's DVD kit pretty reliable, as in it plays most DVD's that you try with it? Considering my TV doesn't have component inputs, picture quality isn't a huge deal right now. Just has to hold me off for six months till I get a projector and use the PC as a DVD player. Thanks.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I was using the xbox as a DVD player for the longest time, when it started to decide not to play certain DVD's...one of which was Momento... That prompted me to go get a DVD player...and I haven't used my Xbox as a DVD player since...I know that probably doesn't help...but it's my 2c

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
X Box has been my primary DVD player since the day the console was released and it has been flawless in playing the 100+ DVDs that I have thrown at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks