What's new

Is the X-Box a progressive scan player? (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Thought I had read somewhere that it was. I know it is for games, up to 720p but what about movies?

Searches seem to indicate no but I figure maybe later model are...

anyone know if buying someone's old (2 year old) X-Box has disadvantages processing wise as opposed to new. Like are the newer models more performing?

thanks in advance for the info!

SebastienLX

Agent
The Xbox is NOT a progressive scan player for movies.

As for processing power of previous models over new ones, it's the same, the exact same. The only thing usually relies on the DVD player, older models have cheaper DVD-Rom player (Thomson comes to mind) that will literally stop reading discs altogether. If you can, try to get a model with a Samsung DVD player, they are the most reliable. But, it's hard to identify from the box, you actually have to open the tray to identify the player.

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator
Also to add to the last post as far as progressive scan goes, if you have a soft modded or hard modded xbox there is a way to activate progressive scan on your xbox. It was simply disabled by Microsoft for DVD movie playback.

cheers,

Zoran

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Zoran,

You beat me to it. I was just going to say "my" XBOX is a progressive player. ;)

Chris

Cameron_Johnson

Auditioning
X-box can display 480 progressive scan (which is what most DVD players display) and i've heard it can possibly do 720 progressive as well.

-Cameron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks