What's new

Is the WET610N's blue cable an ethernet cable? (1 Viewer)

flycaster

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam
Have Linksys WET610N gaming adapter and need to set it up so that my Panasonic 50V10 can get with the internet. In the instructions for setting up the adapter I've got to first do some settings via my router and then take it over to where it will be installed in the TV. There is a blue ethernet "looking" cable that came with the unit. Is this blue cable just an ethernet cable, or is it a special cable? Reason that I ask is that it is a pain to get to my TV and I would like to be able pre-install into the TV a standard ethernet cable (that is about 2-3 times longer than the supplied blue one) prior to actually hooking it into the adapter

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It is very likely a "standard" ethernet cable.

To verify, hold the two ends side by side. If the color patterns of the individual wires are identical, then it is an ethernet cable.

flycaster

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam
Good news. What made me question whether or not it was a standard ethernet cable was that the instruction manual kept referring to it as a "network" cable. So I guess I can now place a 6-8' ethernet cable on the TV, enclose the TV back into the entertainment center and have the other end of the cable at an accessable place when I'm ready to hook in the adapter.

EDIT: Going ahead and placing non-Linksys ethernet cable into TV. May be able to hook WET610N to it today. Will report back if it works.

EditEdit: Everything is hooked up and working. Both TV and BD can access the net. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks