What's new

Is the WET610N's blue cable a standard ethernet cable? (1 Viewer)

flycaster

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam
Have WET610N and need to set it up so that my Panasonic 50V10 can get with the internet. In the instructions for setting up the adapter I've got to first do some settings via my router (next to my desktop) and then, within a short period of time, take it over to the TV for final settings and installation in the TV. There is a blue ethernet "looking" cable that came with the unit. Is this blue cable just an ethernet cable, or is it a special cable? Reason that I ask is that it is a pain to get to my TV and I would like to be able pre-install into the TV a standard ethernet cable (that is about 2-3 times longer than the supplied blue one) prior to actually hooking it into the adapter

flycaster

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam
Thanks, Collin, that is good news. So, I can plugin one of my longer ethernet cables into the TV, close up my entertainment center, and leave the other end of the cable out in a spot where I can easily hook in the 610N when I'm ready to.

BTW Collin, I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up the 610N (I'm new to wireless) as there are some aspects of the instructions that I just don't understand and/or find very confusing. I really don't think it should be too difficult as I have my router working fine and it is a Linksys 320N. If I put together some of my questions, do you think you can help me?

EDIT: Thanks for your help, Colin. Got everything up and running...with some help from my firends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks