What's new

Is the vr-6060 a vr-6070 minus a few features (1 Viewer)

Andy_SB

Agent
Brian, I can't provide a definitive answer to this question but my guess is yes. Everything I've seen on the web indicates that the 6060 is a slightly decontented 6070. Most of their stats are identical, including their power ratings and THD, component video switching bandwidth, number of inputs, etc.
They look the same (even the back panels are similar except for the 6070's additional features), they come with the same remote, etc.

I e-mailed Kenwood a week ago to see if the amps are the same and they haven't responded yet. My guess is that they are, in fact, based on the exact same design, with a few changes to the 6070 to comply with THX Select specifications and also to value-add some features such as the preouts, dual-zone capability, and optical digital out. It wouldn't make much sense for the 6060 to be a unique design using totally different parts.

- Andy

Brian_Tho

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Andy. I was going to get the 811, but know I think the Kenwood is a better deal. Better receiver imho.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Brian

I have the Kenwood brochure that compares feature by feature the 6060 and 6070.

The amps in each are exactly the same.

Differences:

1) 6070 is THX

2) 6070 not only does Dolby Digital EX but adds THX Surround EX

3) Bass management: 6070 adds THX crossover and Bass Peak Level Manager

4) 6070 has a digital optical output, 6060 has no digital output

5) 6070 has a full set of pre-outs including: L/C/R/LS/RS/Sub/Surround Back/ and Zone B L&R

6060 only has Subwoofer and Surround Back pre-outs

6) 6070 has Zone B Composite Video Out

7) 6070 has IR Sensor Input

Artie

Brian_Tho

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info, I new about those my main concern is the amp section, Is it the same or diff amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks