What's new

Is the uncut DVD of Darkness really uncut? (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi guys,

first of all I am surprised that a search for darkness found nothing related to this movie. maybe I did something wrong.

I am talking about the Anna Paquin movie. I rented this on DVD and I swa nothing "unrated" about it. Now I know that unrated has become more of a marketing term than anything but I had read about some deleted scenes and none of them appeared in this DVD.

was there an error? is the unrated still cut?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I havent seen the movie but one cut I read was made to get the PG13 rating instead of a R was a scene were the walls bleed.

The cuts were for gore,scary images.Those were put back in for the Unrated version.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I don't think extra gore could make me sit through that movie again.

Maybe if they threw in some T&A

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
DARKNESS was cut drasticaly by Dimension for the PG-13 U.S. theatrical release. The PG-13 version runs only 89-minutes and loses not just some violence/gore and language for the PG-13, but big chunks of dialogue and character development, too. The 102-minute "unrated" version is the true "Director's Cut" that was released overseas.

The Spanish DVD has some additional deleted scenes in the supplements, but nothing different in the film itself. Having never seen the PG-13 version, I can't comment on the negative feelings so many seem to have for the film, but I'm a big fan of the uncut version (which I first saw via the Spanish DVD about a year and a half before Dimension released their PG-13 edit here in the States). I think it's a very creepy, really well-done horror flick.

Vincent

Rolando

Screenwriter
someone (who I guess was shy about the knowledge)sent me a reply privately and claims there was gore and nudity cut. Including some Anna nudity in a bath scene.

anyone ever hear of this?

the way he described the scene, it sounds like he might be confusing it with the movie Christina's house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks