Is the Toshiba 65H93 a good TV?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Adam-D, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Adam-D

Adam-D Auditioning

Hi all,

I am going to be putting together a whole new home theater system and am thinking of this TV as the heart of the beast. The Tosbiba 65" Widescreen HDTV. Model #65H93. I am wondering, is this a wise choice, or is there another wide screen 65" HDTV that is better than this, for around the same money? Also, can someone tell me the differences between the Toshiba 65H93 and the 65XH93. The XH is more expensive, but I can't figure out why.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. michael_mo

michael_mo Stunt Coordinator

I am not sure what tv you are speaking of with the 65XH93? I couldnt find it online at Toshibas site.
    Of note, Toshiba has their top line, the Cinema series TVs, then they have a lower line, which would include the 65H93.

I have a 65HDX82. I cannot complain. I can complain about the Adelphia cable feed tho..... I got the TV recently for $2500.

3. Steven Sims

Steven Sims Stunt Coordinator

The H93 has an intergrated HD tuner. You might want to save some money and get the H83 without the tuner or get the HX83, which is the higher end Cinema Series, but again, without the tuner. The advantages and disadvantages of an intergrated tuner have been debated since HD was introduced.