1. I just bought a used copy for a good price and then found this review:

"The English Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack has great directionality, expansive dynamic range and refined clarity for a great accompaniment to the fantastic visuals. Too bad it's all wasted on a poorly mastered disc. For the better part of the first two hours, the soundtrack is horribly out of sync with the picture and that causes distraction to the point of annoyance. The soundtrack sounds amazing but what's the good if it's not in the correct place according to the picture. As the film draws closer to the end, the sound does get more in line with the picture, but that doesn't help the first hour and forty minutes or so. What a waste."

Is the sound really screwed up on 'Far & Away'?
  2. Well, I couldn't resist popping the movie in.

I haven't seen this one before, so I was reluctant to just jumping around and start looking for close ups.

I also don't have a huge TV, so watching lips is bit tricky.

Anyway, in the brief moments that I watched, I didn't see anything obviously wrong.

Guess it's a keeper.
  3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Aug 3, 2001
    Just to mention it, but Far & Away had a markdown on 6/3. The new SRP is just $14.98!

Since the price drop, I've been keeping an eye out for it at every B&M I go into, but no dice yet. If anyone spots this puppy in a chain store, let me know so I can swing into my local branch and check it out. Thanks,
  4. John Stockton

John Stockton Second Unit

Jan 9, 2000
    I don't know if you have a Frys Electronics in your area, but I Just picked mine up for a sweet $6.99. [​IMG]