Is the Samsung 27" DynaFlat HDTV monitor a good buy?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thik Nongyow, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Thik Nongyow

Thik Nongyow Stunt Coordinator

Hello, I am new to the Home Theater Forum and this is my first post.

Ever since first heard of HDTV several years old I always wanted one, but because of the prohibited price of such sets, I am unable to afford to buy one. However, last month I ask people on a different home theater forum whether there are HDTV sets selling for less than $1000. A kind gentleman mentioned the Samsung TXM2796HFX 27-inch DynaFlat HDTV Monitor.

Not only this monitor is HDTV-compatible, but it cost $799, within the desired under-$1000 range. It has component, S-video and composite inputs. It is flat screen, have a 3-line filter, and is progressive scan. It will be available for sale at BestBuy on June 21st, the beginning of the summer season.

Since this would be my first attempt into purchasing a HDTV monitor, is this a good buy?

2. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

I have the 32"TSL3294HF and can not say enough about it. You will love the Samsung set. The new ones have even more features.

3. Eric_M

Eric_M Stunt Coordinator

Hey Mikey,

How much more was the 32 inch set?

4. eugene-w

eugene-w Extra

i checked the 27 inch model at best buy the other day. this set rocks! i just wish i could afford one (a poor college kid [​IMG] )

5. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

It is a great buy and if anything like the other samsung HD ready sets it will be a great set..

6. MikeyWeitz

32" version can be had @ Sam's club (if in stock) for $999. New models that are coming out now around $1400-1500 or so. Just bought an XBOX today, New Pioneer VSX-D811S to replace and old H/K (need the component switch and DTS) and all I have to say after finally seeing it in 480p (1st hour I played in pro logic and 480i becasue I didn't read either manual, just hooked them both up and played for a bit) was WOW! Blew me away. Simply stunning!

7. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Auditioning

Mike I have an Xbox too, I have been watching on a 13 y/o Sony and am also debate on the 32 Samsung or a 36 Toshiba.

8. MikeyWeitz

Been playing since 6am this morning(EST) :)
    You won't be sorry with the Sammy.Just jumped on comp to take a quick break :)

9. Joey Helmsley

Joey Helmsley Auditioning

I have the TXM2796HF and its a awesome tv, got it at Sears for $759.99 and I use it for my Xbox and Gamecube for 480p. I will use it for my PS2 when Tekken 4 comes out since its the 1st 480p PS2 game.

10. BobJ

BobJ Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG] Another postive vote.
    The