What's new

Is the "Pulse" DVD still coming out this month? (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
A friend of mine just got an email today from Amazon.com about the Pulse DVD. Here is the text he pasted in to AIM:

Has the release date been revised?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
"They also add that Animals will be out on SACD later in 2006 ("at least in Europe")"

WOW, I really want that!

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Got my copy in the mail this morning.

First impressions - sound is okay but not perhaps as amazing as you may be expecting (IMHO it pales next to the recent Kraftwerk release). Picture is an improvement on the VCD version (not difficult, really) but still not demonstration quality.

Sorry to sound lukewarm, but perhaps waiting and waiting for this release has taken the gilt off the gingerbread. Plus, the packaging doesn't thrill me. Sorry, I can't recall the name of this type of packaging, but it's basically a card case that opens out - there's a pocket on the left hand side holding a small booklet (plus a separate advert slip for Dave Gilmour's latest album) and on the right is a double holder for the discs.

On the plus side, the extras are good. I like the chance to be able to see the background films all the way through and the 'bootlegging the bootleggers' is a neat touch.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I've been seeing the commercials on TV saying 7/11 actually IS the release date...FINALLY! :D I saw it on VH1 where they're also cross promoting it with the Syd Barrett/Pink Floyd: Legends doc. You can check it out at the You Tube link below. It's decent...I guess I was hoping something a little bit more comprehensive as they just brush over DSOTM (perhaps enough about this is already available?) and don't even mention Animals or The Final Cut (I know, it's barely a PF album, but...).

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=search_videos

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew ... that's what they call a "digipak" and you're right it is poor
The long awaited DVD(s) though are excellent IMHO - sound is decent though not amazing (like HFO for example) - picture is 4:3 not widescreen (as it was filmed that way) but I have no issues picture-wise as I am only watching on a 32" TV - haven't really looked at the extras ...
Worth the wait? Hell yes! Lasting impression from watching the show: How many people went blind! Soooo much white light fired at the audience!!!
Paul

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be getting it tonight. What always amazed me was how very very good the VHS tape was on my big screen.

As for going blind - I saw PF life 6 times including the very first live American performance of DSOTM (back in the time when festival seating meant put a blanket on the floor and people would not step on it . . .I was first row blanket).

I'm not blind yet!! hearing is a little off though :)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else have any other impressions of the DVD? I've gotta go pick it up today!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Had a chance to check out some of the disc last night...

My first question is who in the hell picked Billy Corgan to induct PF into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame? I mean, I like his work with the Pumpkins, but he was a HORRIBLE inductor (?). It seemed like he had no idea of the band's history (and didn't care enough to research it) and just made so many rude comments throughout his speech.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
After watching this a few times, I picked up on some differences from the original VHS tape released in 1995.

I just recently let someone borrow this DVD set so I had to resort to my VHS tape for a few days. During Comfortably Numb in the second verse after the line "...just a little pin-prick..." the camera angle is different. On the DVD you can see the "other" keyboardist (behind Wright) lean over to trigger the effect; whereas on the VHS tape the camera angle is from behind Wright (by other keyboardist) looking at Wright.

The other difference (I am not sure why this was changed) was at the beginning of Another Brick in the Wall Part 2. On the DVD you can see "E = mc2" projected on the back of the stage; whereas on the VHS the word "Enigma" was being projected on the back of the stage.

Does anyone else know what other "shots" were changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks