Is the "Pop" still a problem on the new Panny HDTV sets?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Pagoulatos, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Supporting Actor

Dennis
    I read a lot about the infamous "pop" which, up until now has kept me from considering Panny HDTV's. The new models do look very nice...especially the 53WX42! But I wonder if this problem has been fixed on these new sets. Otherwise, I'll pay a little bit more and go for a Toshiba...

Any info, as always, would be greatly appreciated!

-Dennis

2. Chris Perkins

Chris Perkins Stunt Coordinator

Only time will tell. But, with that being said, the majority of Panny owners have not experienced the "POP", and I have not read about it being an issue yet with the new owners who have been posting over at www.panny.tv .
    There is a real easy DIY fix also.
    Chris

3. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Supporting Actor

Dennis
    Thanks for the response!
    It is good to hear that the problem is pretty rare to begin with, but with all the posting on the net about it, hopefully panasonic got on the ball and took care of whatever caused it.
    I did read about the DIY fix on panny.tv, and it's something I probably wouldn't do (I'm not comfortable enough around the inside of an RPTV yet, I've never owned one before!)
    That being said...I am leaning toward the 53WX42 at this time...I may "pull the trigger" (most overused phrase EVER)[​IMG] at my local Best Buy this weekend with the 10% off sale going on...I'll definitely keep everyone posted...
    -Dennis