What's new

Is the PB2+ fast enough to keep up with techno and rap music? (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I took this comment to mean that with an EQ you could exaggerate the frequency response ("bad" bass) in the regions where much of rap's beats lie, not as a knock on rap music. I could be wrong, but that's how I took it.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant...and that's what the poster asked. As a DIY sub designer/maker, I would look at a frequency response that had such a boost at those frequencies as "bad", but it certainly isn't a judgement call on the music itself. If it turns you on, that's all that matters..period.

Geno

Supporting Actor
"That means no "overhang".It's not how fast the driver moves but how fast it "stops".This is where motor strenght comes into play,and the reason why driver size alone,isn't all that relevant"

thanks Lewis, thats the explination I was looking for.

VinhT

Second Unit
I have a 25-31PC+, EQed as flat as possible with a BFD and rap music sounds great. There is no need for any weird boosting.

in my expirience, and IMO rap and techno do not demand a "musical" sub as much as other types of music. i'm sure someone else could go into more detail on this.
Hard to say. In my experience, rap has more demanding, deeper bass than conventional music. Therefore, a flat, highly capable subwoofer is desireable. I'm also finding that modern music frequently dips into the low 30's, making a quality subwoofer absolutely necessary, regardless of the music one listen's to.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Hard to say. In my experience, rap has more demanding, deeper bass than conventional music. Therefore, a flat, highly capable subwoofer is desireable. I'm also finding that modern music frequently dips into the low 30's, making a quality subwoofer absolutely necessary, regardless of the music one listen's to.
I agree that a good sub you describe won't "hurt",but as said before Rap's rythm section is nothing but machine generated tone,which unlike say with a double bass the term "musical sub" doesn't come to my mind. YMMV

Jason_Me

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, but its not a machine generated tone either. A recording of a real drummer is chopped up into individual notes, and saved to a file. Then they are able to use each part of the drum through a keyboard to make a new beat.

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
in my expirience, and IMO rap and techno do not demand a "musical" sub as much as other types of music. i'm sure someone else could go into more detail on this.
Bullpucky. Actually, more, since there's so much lower octave information, the subwoofer is under a stronger demand and needs to be of a more accurate nature.

Kevin Farley

Musician (Percussionist, Piano, Guitar), DJ (Disco, Deep house, Techno, Hip-Hop), Audiophile (Every genre of music imaginable. Want tube gear.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks