Is the PB12 worth the $$ over the PB10?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Scott Andrew, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Scott Andrew

Scott Andrew Stunt Coordinator

So for the actual price to my door (Canada) the SVS PB12-ISD will be about $200 (Canadian) more then the SVS PB10-ISD. Now after reading everything I know the PB10 is an amazing sub so I would assume the PB12 is even better but is it worth the extra $200??

The room is 14 x 14 (50% electronic music, 50% movies)

Reciever is Pioneer 1014
    Front towers are B&W DM604-S3
    Centre is B&W LCR600-S3
    Rear surrounds are B&W DM602-S3

2. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

SVS would give you an honest answer but IMO I would go for the PB12. You can never have too much bass headroom but you can always have too little [​IMG]

3. Scott Andrew

Scott Andrew Stunt Coordinator

Many people have told me that if I am listening to at least 50% of electronic music then Maybe the HSU STF-3 or STF-2 is probably better. My PRIORITY or main goal is to get as close to the sound you would get at a nightclub but on a much smaller scale... the home theater bass is secondary... any opinions?

4. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Perhaps someone will chime in with a different opinion, but nightclubs tend to have extremely bloated bass. If that's what you're looking for first you may want to consider other brands. However, if you decide to stick with SVS or Hsu, I would definitely get the 12" and not the 10"