is the Panny SAHE70K any good?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lyden, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Lyden

Lyden Stunt Coordinator

is the panny SAHE70K any good? im looking for a cheap decent reciver something good that will last me about a year atleast while i look for a job my limit is $200 yeah its nothing but i cant com up with the 400 for that AVR125 i wanted and the AVR120 from cambridge soundworks is openbox i dont want used trash so forget that theres also a JVC reciver thats said to use Discrete ouput is that any good? its 159 on the Csmebridg soundworks website what about sony? hmm i har their crap befor aswell and then theres the KLH reciver i had befor i got a promotional model wich wasnt actualy complete yet maybe the completed version is good? its a KLH R5000 i tryed looking it up but no luck maybe one of the many enthuseists that are on here might know a thing or two about theri amps ... it was quite powerful to be honest that baby pushed 2 jensen SX bass car subs rated at 450watts each by 4 ohms and 2 Sony 200watters 8hohms and 2 KLH 200watters rated at 8ohms and it didne even click at allmost max volume so i dunno .. sorry about my poor grammer and spelling and long reading well i hope you all can help me in any way possible i can order from the net if they take cashers checks or money orders ..... and i have a computer forsale very good for intergration in HT its custom built so you know the parts are quality e-mail me if ur intrested .. thank you all [​IMG] in advance

2. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

6ave.com isn't doing it any more, but find some places on the internet which are selling a HK 125 for 300 and go buy it from CC, just need to get a cooperative salesguy and manager. Option 2 is to tell Onecall.com that you'll take one off their hands and have it delivered. The Pan SAHE70 is an excellent player for the money but is not in the same league as the HK.

3. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

No, the panny is not in the same leauge as H/K, but for money you can get alot better than the H/K for the same price. but that is not the issue here, the panny is actually pretty good for the money. if you can do it, try to pull off the sahe100. that has more in the way of features for not alot of money. have a listen to it...

4. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I 2nd Steve. Spend the $50 more & go for the 100. It can be had delivered on the net for $250 I would do a search on www.pricescan.com then call J&R out of NY 1-800-221-8180 & fight with them to match the price because they usually will. As for money orders any companies will be more than happy to take them. If you can't go for the extra $50 I would say to take a look at the Panasonic, Pioneer, Sherwood or Kenwood entry level models & to stay away from KLH, Aiwa or any odd ball Receiver brands that are out there. Again, for $50 more the Panasonic SA-HE100 can't be beat. It will play "ALL" the new surround sound formats & has a built in amp for the rear center speaker.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Any big differences in sound quality between the SA-HE70's Class H+ amps and the SA-HE100's MOS-FET amps?

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Danny, Simply put "YES" the 100 has a lot less noise & distortion than the 75. Can't really say if it's the MOS-FET design or not but I would think so?