What's new

Is the original (non-anamorphic) Mary Poppins DVD collectible? (1 Viewer)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I believe it came out in 1998 and was replaced with the Disney Gold anamorphic version. I'm thinking of selling my original one and picking up the anamorphic version. Should I be asking a premium?

Jimmy Wong

Grip
I don't know for sure. You could check half.com. With the exception of Criterions and a few select others, OOP versions of films do not tend to hold their value. They will only if there is something unique in the old release. For example Little Shop of Horrors has that alternate ending that causes the old one to retain its value. For example I sold my old version Willy Wonka for $50. It is now worth about $15 because there was nothing special about the original release.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I bought the original Willy Wonka from a Blockbuster Video. I remember I ended up paying $4.99 for it, and sold it for $80 something dollars on Ebay. I bought the SE on the cheap side week-of-release at Best Buy.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The Disney Gold version ain't anamorphic. It's the same exact disc as the first release. So, the answer is most likely no.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
And if it is now, the quality will be surpassed by the upcoming SE so much that no one will want to pay much for the older disc later on.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
If you're going to sell it, do it now. Disney is having Lowry Digital Images clean up the film for DVD in 2003/2004. It also should have considerable extras.

I need to do the same thing with my Pinocchio DVD before the SE comes out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks