What's new

Is the original Donkey Kong available? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I can't seem to find an answer for this. A friend of mine said that some of the old Nitendo games are being issued as a "bonus" on some of the newer GameCube games. I've seen Donkey Konga listed but I can't seem to find the original Donkey Kong anywhere for the GameCube.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
There is a very easy (legal...before emulators are brought into the topic) way to get the original donkey kong. It is available on Game Boy Advance:) And all you need is either your own GBA, DS or a Game Boy player for your Gamecube. :)

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I think there is a full arcade emulated version in Donkey Kong 64 for the Nintendo 64 (I never got around to unlocking it). There is an emulation of the original NES version (missing the fourth conveyor belt level) found in Animal Crossing (which contains DK Jr, DK 3, along with maybe 20 other NES games) and as also is available as a Gameboy Advance NES Classic cart (which costs as much as Animal Crossing). This version is squashed also since the original arcade game is displayed vertically.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor

You are correct, the orignal arcade version with cake factory level is in avaiable on Donkey Kong 64. Sadly they didn't want to copy that version of Donkey Kong for the NES Classic line...oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks