Is the Marantz 7200 have enough power for Paradigm Reference Studio 60's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jakarta Tom, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Jakarta Tom

Jakarta Tom Extra

Can anyone enlighten me on whether or not the Marantz 7200 receiver has enough power to give the Paradigm Reference Studio 60's what they need to really sound good?

Thanks for the input.

2. Rob_b

Rob_b Agent

I had the Marantz 7000 powering my Paradigm Reference Studio 80's. Sounded great. Last year I moved to the 8200. You will be fine with the 7200.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I think it is borderline. It will do the job, but it could struggle if you are looking for high SPLs. It has full pre outs to add external amplification if there is a problem.

4. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

The Marantz 7200 tested by Sound & Vision could only manage about 40 watts per channel with all channels driven simultaneously. I've read that this was due to a defective sample submitted for the test. Any company that submits a defective sample for testing either doesn't have proper quality control or doesn't realize how a review like that can taint the entire series. From what I have read on this forum the entire X200 series has problems. I would look elsewhere.

Artie

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I've had my 6200 since they hit the store shelves (just over 1 yr) and I have not had a single problem with it, so you can't go by ONLY what you read. I would still recommend more power for the Studios though.