What's new

Is the jvc dvhs 3000 deck still available anywhere? (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I was on the fence about going hd for awhile because my display although hd ready did not display the full hd resoluton ( I have the infocus x1 ).

Well I recently got an hd box from my cable company and the quality blows dvd away on my display. As near as I can tell it looks the same quality as many true hd sets I have seen.

Even though dvhs is soon to be made obsolete by hddvd/blueray, I want to start acquiring some prerecorded movies in hd.

I had looked into dvhs awhile ago, and I saw there were some good deals to be had on refurbished jvc 3000 decks, though I cant find them anymore.

Does anybody know of any online retailers that still carry them? Or perhaps some brick and mortar retailers to check for display/demo models? If not who has the best price on the 4000 model?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I'd promptly start buying tapes before they all go OOP. IMO, some of the best titles that R-E-A-L-L-Y kick DVD's arse:

Alien
X2
Moulan Rouge
U-572
Passion Of The Christ
Planet Of The Apes
Master And Commander
Ice Age
The Day After Tomorrow

The only D-VHS that I've bought that I was dissapointed in was Rambo: First Blood. Folks tell me it stomps the DVD's which I don't have but it's the weak sister in my 50+ collection. Do you have a firewire equiped box so you can make your own 1080i tapes???

Benson R

Supporting Actor
My box does have firewire, but that doesnt mean the cable company has it enabled. I dont think there is a reason it shouldnt be, but I know most cable companies have disabled the dvi connection on the motorola 6200.

I would call the cable company and ask, but I doubt they would even know what I was talking about.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Every cable company has to have it enabled. A lot of firewire outputs are improperly set up with 5c thou. This makes it so that it is impossible to record. You have to let them know about it. Get the FCC involved too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks