1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Infocus Screenplay 4805 suitable for HDTV?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mike Ki, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Mike Ki

Mike Ki Agent

There seems to be a lot of conflicting answers when reading back through topics and searches. So as the topic states, Is the Infocus Screenplay 4805 suitable for HDTV? I will probably watch more HDTV then DVD's with my projector.
    TV, HDTV will be the main use, followed by DVD, and finally XBOX. Is this the wrong projector for me. Keep in mind i'd like to keep it around $2000 Canadian.
    Thanks Mike

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Mike, I have the X1 and HDTV OTA and satellite looks GREAT. And I've read that the 4805 looks even better than the X1. Try to view HD with the 4805 somewhere and decide.

3. Wes Nance

Wes Nance Stunt Coordinator

Mike,

I have a 4805, running a HD DVR box from Time Warner. Granted the resolution on the 4805 is not 720p, but it's got such great contrast and colors, that it looks great. I can really tell whether a source is giving a good signal or not.

That said, you will miss some resolution compared to a Panasonic 700 or something, but it's not in the same price range.

Let's just say I've never had anyone see HD on this projector and say "huh, that's it? Kind of low resolution, isn't it?" Everybody is always blown away, and can't believe what they're seeing.

I think it's an amazing projector for the $$. I bought mine primarily for DVD watching, so the HD thing is just icing on the cake. .

Wes

4. Matthew-K

Matthew-K Stunt Coordinator

I have had some friends say, "This is NOT Hi-def!?" The picture is so good it looks like it is Hi-def. I watch Hi-def with my 4805 connected to a Dish Network 6000u and the PQ is great.

5. Scott L

Scott L Producer

^^^Friends and family say the same thing. Everything is still so clear, solid, and colorful at 480p. I will say my friend's Toshiba CRT set looks sharper for HDTV but he always admires the 80" projected image.

ps- Does anyone get interlacing artifacts with 1080i input? I don't know what it is because Joey on NBC doesn't exhibit the same problem that Leno does (clear interlacing when mouths move).