Is the HSU VTF-3 ready that good???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PaulXH, Feb 1, 2003.

1. PaulXH

PaulXH Stunt Coordinator

I am shopping for a good sub. I have run across a few post about the HSU subs. Everyone seems to love them, but I was looking into some most expensive sub, like the Revel, Rel, and Velodyne (HGSII). I have spent alot of money on my HT and I don't mind paying for a good tight sub. But if I can get just as good for less than half, I must consider that. Any thoughts? Thanks

2. James Slade

James Slade Second Unit

HSU subs cost less because they mostly sell direct. Not because they have low quality.

If you want great bass for a great price look at SVS, HSU and Adire Audio. If you want great bass and want to pay a lot look at Velo and the likes. Either way you won't go wrong.

3. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Paul:

If money is not an object and aesthetics is important then the big Velos, Revels, Aerials etc, are worth considering. If aesthetics are less important, then I can vouch for the HSU TN1220HO. I own two of them and they provide deep, impactful and musical bass. But, they're not much to look at: two black cylinders about 50" tall and 12" wide. And you need an external amp (which I prefer).