What's new

Is the Energy e:xl discontinued? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Marc, thanks again for the info. It's too bad the EAC is no longer made. I noticed it has two sub inputs, and it is a fine unit. The dealer I bought it from may still have one or two in inventory, but probably won't have it when I need it. Maybe the Outlaw ICBM will work for a stereo system. I don't know about that.

A

Anthony DeCotis

I just went to visit my Energy dealer and he spoke to the sales rep in my presence and was told that they are not discontinued but they are changing the grill to cover the tweeters due to negative comments and to make them more wife friendly.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, that's interesting. Marc is usually in the know, but your info. is intriguing. Marc did say earlier in this thread that Energy has released new e:XL subwoofers, and given that Energy recently released a new Take5 system, I thought they would revamp the e:XL series too. Hmmm...
For the record, I like the look of the e:XL speakers with the tweeter exposed. I realize that the look isn't for everyone since it is unconventional, but that's what makes it great to me. :)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
The Energy e:xl series is being continued for sure. First, a salesman from my local dealer, The Good Guys, told me that the series is being replaced with by a new C-series (remember the old C-series?). I just came across this piece of news and it confirms what the Good Guys salesman told me. Please go to the middle of that page to see the story in question.

Marc H

Second Unit
Anthony isn't lying. There will be two models of loudspeakers (plus a matching centre) with an e:XL designation.

Grill will cover the tweeters.

One will be like an e:XL16 and the other like an e:XL25 is the story I got from them.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
O.K., Marc. I would think that Energy would change more than the aesthetics with these new speakers. Maybe they will upgrade the speakers overall, not that there is anything really wrong with the current e:XL line. :) Time will tell.

A

Anthony DeCotis

After reading that article in Danny's post it sounds like they will drop the e:XL line and just have three new XL models. All this makes me nervous about purchasing now, i'm not ready to put my HT together but these are the speakers I want. My dealer gave me a price of $940 delivered to my house for the 25s,15s and C2. I think i'm going to go for it. I have been an Energy fan since 1984 when I purchased my first pair (still have them although the foam needs replacing). By the way i'm planning on an SVS 20-39PC with a Yamaha RXV-1200.

Andy Kim

Second Unit
Hi,

Does anyone know whether Energy plans to add more speakers to the XL line or is that it? Just one bookshelf pair and one floor standing to choose from (aside from the center).

I don't even see a matching subwoofer.

Thanks

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks