What's new

Is the e-mail about not going to malls on Holloween a hoax? (1 Viewer)

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
My Outlook inbox has been getting bombarded by people sending me an e-mail that basically warns people to stay away from shopping malls on Halloween day because of possible terroristic action?!?
I automatically dismissed all of these messages to my trash bin thinking it was another hoax but evidently word around our office is it's still being looked into.
I've checked Link Removed and couldn't find anything.
Has anybody else received this e-mail or heard about it?
------------------
BAM

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Thanks for the swift reply Charles.
I knew it was out there somewhere and wanted to point everyone that has been sending me these things the link so they can read about it being a hoax first hand.
For some reason though I'm having a problem going to that site.
confused.gif

I'll try later.
------------------
BAM

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
That having been said, prudence is probably a good idea these days, considering what's going on in the world.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
As a general rule, any "news" you hear of exclusively through e-mail is most likely bullshit.
Seriously, if this were so important to communicate to the masses, it would be a lead story on the news.
------------------
Do you like SCARY MOVIES?
Scary Movie Challenge: 13, 12, 11, 10 9 to go!

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Terrorists don't tell in advance what they are going to do. It's a hoax.
------------------

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I can't think of a chain e-mail that purportedly reported news that wasn't a hoax.
Go to the malls, travel, buy stuff, hug your children, call your parents. It's the only way we can assure that the terrorists don't win. Stopping everyday life is their goal.
patriot.gif

------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks