Is the e-mail about not going to malls on Holloween a hoax?

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
My Outlook inbox has been getting bombarded by people sending me an e-mail that basically warns people to stay away from shopping malls on Halloween day because of possible terroristic action?!?
I automatically dismissed all of these messages to my trash bin thinking it was another hoax but evidently word around our office is it's still being looked into.
I've checked http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/ and couldn't find anything.
Has anybody else received this e-mail or heard about it?
------------------
BAM

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Thanks for the swift reply Charles.
I knew it was out there somewhere and wanted to point everyone that has been sending me these things the link so they can read about it being a hoax first hand.
For some reason though I'm having a problem going to that site.

I'll try later.
------------------
BAM

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
That having been said, prudence is probably a good idea these days, considering what's going on in the world.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
As a general rule, any "news" you hear of exclusively through e-mail is most likely bullshit.
Seriously, if this were so important to communicate to the masses, it would be a lead story on the news.
------------------
Do you like SCARY MOVIES?
Scary Movie Challenge: 13, 12, 11, 10 9 to go!

Peter Kline

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Terrorists don't tell in advance what they are going to do. It's a hoax.
------------------

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I can't think of a chain e-mail that purportedly reported news that wasn't a hoax.
Go to the malls, travel, buy stuff, hug your children, call your parents. It's the only way we can assure that the terrorists don't win. Stopping everyday life is their goal.

------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
my home theater
my DVD collection

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KovyChab