What's new

Is the Denon 2802 enough receiver for my combo? (1 Viewer)

Sean L

Stunt Coordinator
After auditioning many speakers over the past few weeks, I have (99%) decided to go with the KEF Q series for my new home theater.
Q7 mains
Q1 surrounds/rear
Q9 center

I've also decided to try the SVS PCi 25-31 sub with this combo.

My question is will the 90wpc Denon 2802 be enough receiver to drive these speakers, especially the large Q7s??? My other choice would be the Marantz SR6200 w/105wpc. I have two friends with the 6200, but neither are using it with large tower speakers.

I am working with a tight budget ($2500), so I don't want to buy any more receiver than I really have to.

Look forward to everyone's input!

Regards,
Sean in Nor Cal

SteveMo

Stunt Coordinator
My Denon 2802 ran my old RM6600's ok but not great. Comparing your speaker to the little RM2300's in the RM6600 series is going to be a difference in night and day however. It may sound just fine (without clipping) since yours have a more effecient DB rating (or sensitivity) at 91BD than my old RM6600 series ones at 89DB. I think you might be happier with a Denon 3802, unless of course you plan to upgrade to seperates someday and use the preouts anyways. For the price it is an excellent choice and is considerd one of Denon's higher end line of audio gear since it was made in Japan.
Here is a link to my review for the Denon. DENON 2802
BTW, it does do the Dolby DD 6.1 formats but it does not carry the Dolbly Digital Trademark.

Sean L

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else out there have anything to share that can aid me in selecting a reciever.....I want to order everything today!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks