What's new

Is the Behringer FB discontinued? (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
Oops! I meant the Feedback Destroyer in my subject line. Anyone know where I can find one on line?
------------------
What if it gets no better than this!?!
[Edited last by Martice on November 10, 2001 at 05:31 PM]

Craig W

Second Unit
I believe it is being replaced with a newer model that should be available in February.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
You can find used ones, and sometimes new ones on ebay.
Cruising your local music stores (Guitar Center, etc.) might also turn on up.
They *are* hard to find...
------------------

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Martice, call this number it is Barts Music store in Baton Rogue Louisiana.225-665-1400.I recived one Friday and another HT member ordered one. Bart has 2 left.Mine was $140 plus shipping.
Good Luck,
Steve
------------------

Kevin Golding

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to Steve, I got one from the same place. It arrived Saturday by FedEx Ground. I finished my sonosub tonight, but too late to hook up the BFD.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Dang, I have an 1100p that should arrive today.
But I just saw this on Behringer's site:
FEEDBACK DESTROYER PRO DSP1124P (1/4" TRS & XLR)
Digital 24-Bit Feedback Suppressor / Parametric EQ with 24 Full Parametric Filters
And, it's list price is only $159, vs $199 for the 1100p.
But not available yet...
But if I pretend to know anything about bits and kHz, I don't imagine the going from 20 to 24 bits would have much of an effect on the frequencies associated with a sub anyway? (Maybe the kHz part is more important anyway, and at 46 kHz, should be more than ample.)
------------------

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I got motivated and emailed Behringer. They said the new 1124p would be out at the end of this month.
Just in time for Christmas...
------------------

PeteG

Agent
I ordered the 1124P should have it at the end of the month or the start of Dec. Than after it come's I'll be given SVS a call.
------------------
DVD Profiler

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Thats not too bad a price. So with a receiver, I'd use it between the PRE-OUTS and external AMPS? how many channels?

BruceD

Screenwriter
Chris,
Yes, you are correct, between pre-pro or receiver sub out and sub amp in. It is a stereo (L&R) product.
You would only want to use a BFD in the sub signal path going to your sub(s), NOT in the signal chain to mains, centers or surrounds.
bstan

PeteG

Agent
Thomas, Lentine's is where I ordered mine from, a very good price for their new model. I'm looking ahead for when I upgraded my sub in Dec.
biggrin.gif

-Pete
------------------
My DVD's

I picked up an 1124 last Saturday so they are definitely shipping. IIRC a number of people complained about the input sensitivity on the 1100 being setup for professional use. Well, the good news is that the 1124 has an input sensitivity switch on the back for selection of either +4dBu or -10dBV and the user manual makes clear reference to the units being used in home studios etc. Someone out there is listening after all. :)

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
The windows software for it is kind of cool too, especially if you have a HTPC. I imagine it would let you sit comfortably and do all the settings from the PC in realtime if you so wanted.

Guess it's time to get one of these things to tame my bass!

Glenn Baumann

Stunt Coordinator
Peter,

A correction... the DSP1100 DOES in fact have the user selectable +4dBu and -10dBu switch on the back of the unit just like the 1124!

Regards,

Glenn

Glenn,

Thanks for the correction.

Why then were people complaining about the input sensitivity, or is it my memory playing tricks !!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks