What's new

Is the b&w era of TV on DVD slowly coming to an end? (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I wouldn't count on Netflix for anything old. They used to have a lot of old TV shows and movies but they can't get rid of them fast enough now. It has to be a classic 101 TV show or Movie. Their target audience is under 35 so b & w is a no-no.
Hulu, however, has a pretty good variety of classic TV, including some black and white. Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best (they look to be cut version, sadly), the PD episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies (they do include the original music, though), The Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and probably others I can't think of. The majority of their classics stream in HD. I really couldn't tell you about their movie selection. I tried watching a John Wayne movie and immediately turned it off due to it being pan and scan.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The Complete PUBLIC DEFENDER series with Reed Hadley - 26 episodes , announced for release by CLASSICFLIX on April 23 , Just when you think you've seen the last B&W release something pops up!

Unless I’m mistaken, only this set and a June release of Waterfront are what we have on tap for b/w tv thus far in 2019.

Gary “not a great start to the year, announcement wise” O.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Problem with Hulu is they moved Dragnet 1966-70 into their live tv service. Can’t watch even though I used to be able to. Also only seasons 1-2 of Mister Ed

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The Complete PUBLIC DEFENDER series with Reed Hadley - 26 episodes , announced for release by CLASSICFLIX on April 23 , Just when you think you've seen the last B&W release something pops up!

That's far from the complete series. Info is sketchy as to how many were made but it varies from 39 to 69, depending on the source used.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I can't even see The A-Team or O-R Hasselhoff Knight Rider without having Live TV!

Hence the need to have physical media. Because streaming services will become as big as the cable companies. Eventually, the streaming companies will be as high priced as cable. It’s already happening

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
It looks like Mill Creek is re-releasing their Adventures Of Robin Hood Series which starred Richard Greene . A good nineteen fifties black and white action and adventure show and beloved by baby-boomers. It's worth checking out if you've never seen it.
Oh , and MPI is releasing a complete seasons 1-5 Donna Reed Show Box Set a good black and white sitcom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks