What's new

Is the axiom M3Ti > NHT super one? (1 Viewer)

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
I ask because I'm nearing completion of my HT ...

I just ordered my 2nd 16-46cs + which will join my existing cs46+, Samson S1000, Rotel RSX-965 (quite nice, 75w RMS per channel), Toshiba DVD (cheap - to be changed), Xbox (awesome) and my lame Sharp 27" (HDTV next year) but connected via s-video.

What I need now are 5 speakers to replace the crap I'm using. RCA/Optimus/Pyle Dryver pro's (yes that last one is a car speaker).

I'm tending towards a setup using 5 identical bookshelf speakers, that will not bust the bank.

So is the M3 Ti superior to the NHT superone?

Is the M22 worth almost twice as much as the M3?

Any other suggestions?

I'm in Trinidad so cost and shipping are very big factors ...

Heath_R

Stunt Coordinator
I have never listened to the NHT, but I have the Axiom M3. Great imaging and a wide soundstage, with very detailed highs. I am very happy with them.

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a guy that likes it LOUD!

Do you think that 5 M3ti's are capable of clear, sustained, high output, enough to keep pace with the bass output of dual 16-46CS+ subs in a room that is less that 2000 cubic feet?

If so, then my choice is clear ...

KonradN

Stunt Coordinator
never heard the nht super ones, but the consensus seems to be that the nht is not as good as the paradigm mini monitor and the mini monitor is not as good as the m3ti. To the casual listner like me, the differences in all three might not be very noticeable, so it's best that you audition the nht super ones and paradigm mini monitor. If you prefer the mini monitor then go for the m3ti. I own the m22ti and feel they sound similar to the mini monitor but just a tad clearer.

whether the m22ti is worth almost twice as much as the m3ti is debateable. At low to moderate volume levels both will have almost the same performance with he m22ti having an edge in midrange clarity. Once you crank it up though the m3ti will start breaking up before the m22ti. I would check with axiom, to see if the m3ti can play loud enough for your preferences in your listen room

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have Mini Monitors, and have listened quite a bit to most of the NHT bookshelf offerings (Super One and Zero, SB1, SB2, SB3), and they have two relatively different sounds. Given a choice again, I would still pick the Minis.

The NHTs are very accurate and can play loud, and like a lot of power.

As for the M3ti, I have been trying to decide if I am going to order them sight unseen (unheard?) or trek the 50mi to listen to them first. The fact of the matter is, I would just venture a guess that the M3ti would best the Super One without question. They look like one of the best deals going, I just have not gotten around to ordering them...

keir

Stunt Coordinator
the m22 has 95 decibel sensitivity if you want extreme output i would go with these. the axiom rep on the forum said that even 200 watts of rms receiver power is handled by the m22.

also i have heard that the paradigm atom and titan are louder than the m3ti. im not sure thats true but if so its even more reason to go for the m22. i suggest factory outlet too... considering the huge discount for minor blemishes.

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I love my M3Ti's, crystal clear highs and exceptional imaging. BUT, if you're going to go for BLARING music, you should probably shoot to the M22Ti which is more capable at higher levels (from what I've heard).
I'd definitely go Axiom though, loving my setup :)

Marcus Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the opinions guys!

At this point it's either the M22 and the VP150 or (for the same price where I am) a pair of Klipsch RF-3 II's.

Unfortunately I heard the RB5 II's (bookshelf version of the RF 3 II's) and wasn't impressed ... So it really looks like an Axiom combo for me ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks