What's new

Is That's My Bush coming out anytime soon? (1 Viewer)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I thought I read at some point that this was going to come out in time for the election... Any news??

--Ian

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I tried watching "that's my Bush" again and it just isn't watchable. It was cute when Bush was just a lovable bumpkin' but far too many people have died to make it funny anymore.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Political views are irrelevant, because this show was never really about Bush. Remember, Parker and Stone announced before the election that they would do a sitcom about whichever guy became President (and the show was delayed for months because of the election-results controversy). If Gore had been President, it would have been about Al Gore and his family.

The show wasn't about Bush, it was a parody of the bad sitcoms Trey Parker grew up watching. That's not much of a target, but it was amusing sometimes. I really liked the episode where a bunch of improv comics come to visit, and someone does a huge rant about how bad and stupid improv comedy is. :)

Beau

Supporting Actor
This is an attitude I've never quite understood. This show seemed to me a parody of the sitcom formula, and nothing to do with politics. Whenever a DVD of this comes out, I'll surely buy it.

paul_austin

Second Unit
as stupid as matt and trey made him....he doesnt come close to the real thing....and those bush-isms

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Jaime is right, this show was a parity of sitcoms, and it is really easy to spot in some of the episodes think of what you would here when his neighbor would enter the room...and as he also mentioned this was going to be about whoever won the election.

PS. There are some borderline political statements here, I'd really like it if this thread remained open if any news comes about.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I really, really doubt we'll see it before the election, with Parker & Stone busy with Team America: World Police.

But, who knows. Commentary by Parker/Stone would be awesome!

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I will probably rent that Showtime 9/11 movie to see Timothy Bottoms portray a serious W. I guess it shows how many people never watched TMB so that Bottoms wasn't typecast, and was able to pull it off.

--ian

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

More than borderline. Any further direct political comments gets this one closed. So try to keep it clean, please.

Britton

Screenwriter
I would think that with Team America coming out, the studio with the show's rights would want to release this as a tie-in to cash in.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

You would think so! This is the best time ever for this release! C'mon Comedy Central we want our TMB!

--Ian

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Paramount owns Comedy Central so I imagine that they're planning on doing "Team America" tie-ins with both "That's My Bush!" and the "South Park: BLU" special edition DVD. It's too late to tie them into the film's theatrical release because it's just over a month away but I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount released them alongside the "Team America" DVD. Now, if only Universal would release "Orgazmo".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks