What's new

Is that the Vifa XT tweeter in the new Polk LSi series? (1 Viewer)

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Richard,
It does look like the Vifa XT tweeter indeed, although I note some slight differences in the design implementation. Maybe Polk modeled their tweeter after the Vifa?
264-555m.jpg

I've been inquiring about these speakers since I first heard about them (Sep). I've also been in touch with Polk directly and I'm looking for a dealer that's close to my location. The dealers I'm getting so far from Polk are about 3-5 hours away.:eek:
I'm excited about these speakers because if they deliver on the goods, they will truly bring great sound at an affordable price point.
A few people have mentioned on the forum that they think these are over-priced, but in comparison to the RT line and for what they are 'supposed' to deliver sound wise, I think these will be excellent speakers. Build quality is a no-brainer (1 1/2" thick side walls!).
I'm definitely in the market for an upgrade and outside of the Aerial Acoustic 8b's that I dream about (for an additional $3,760), I'd like to audition these Polk's to see what they sound like. My only set back is that I would probably have to purchase and external amp, because my lil' Onkyo would struggle with a 4 ohm speaker.
Troy

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Thanks for replying, Troy. I'm surprised more haven't jumped in! :D
I also think that if this speaker sounds as good as it looks like it's supposed to, then it's not overpriced at all. If that is the Vifa XT tweeter, then I think it's really cool that Polk is making use of it. Imagine if Circuit City started carrying the LSi line. A speaker with that tweet at 'the City'?? LOL.
This is off of the Polk site; you've already posted from Vifa. Looks pretty dang close to me. I used to be on the Polk forum, but I don't own their speakers anymore; wish I could get on there and ask around....
tweeter_diagram_new.jpg

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think there's a post on these speakers in the speakers forum...stating that these tweeters are, in fact, made by Vifa. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks