What's new

Is "Sweet Charity" dvd 4.0 or 2.0? (1 Viewer)

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe not a complex mix, but it sure has a lot of punch.

I was very satisfied and impressed with this transfer and sound. Especially considering some of Universal's latest 50-60s efforts which have been very dissapointing to say the least. I'm still getting over Imitation of Life. I hope they sign that over to Criterion soon, all Sirk's films deserve the Written on the Wind treatment.

But they didn't drop the ball on Sweet Charity. Thanks Universal.

Next Thouroughly Modern Millie, hope it is as good as SC!

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
I hope "Thoroughly Modern Millie" turns out to be 4.0 aswell. While we are on the subject of Universal stereo, I hope "Flower Drum Song" "Earthquake" and "Airport" will be 4.0 in the not too distant future.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I mentioned in another thread that I thought the sound of Sweet Charity was very... odd. Mostly, the music sounds great, but there are some sound cues which are quite confusing, notably when Ricardo Montalban is serving the dinner, he carefully states what is on each dish. But you can't hear what he is saying because the Brahms is suddenly way too loud.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I found the sound mix to be very odd sounding, not particularly natural.

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
Also, Steve, the picture looks spectacularly sharp and clean, with bright colors and all the rest. IMO, this disc is a must-have, especially at that price. Thought you'd like to know that.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Brian, you mention dissapointment with Imitation of Life = what was wrong with this dVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.