What's new

Is Super Monkey Ball 2 Out Yet ? (1 Viewer)

Radford VQ

Auditioning
I just got a called from my local EB, they said I could pick it up today, but I've had it on pre-order.

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up my copy this morning. Played about 10 minutes, but it seems worth it. Basically fixed all the problems with the old one, added a lot more stuff, and the graphics have been enhanced (actual backgrounds now). The mini-games have been redone too, and all look better (not sure about Target though).

The biggest change, for me, is to able to individually select a level now, and not have to play through a bunch to get to that one annoying hard level in the middle, and then die again, etc.

Level ratings seem better now too.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Well, this is interesting. Ebgames.com now says "Ships within 24 hours" on the status of the game itself (which means they have them in stock). Yet, my order is listed as "Backordered." In other words, somebody who orders the game right now will have it shipped before somebody who pre-ordered?

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Paul,

Don't get too worked up, yet. The order status on ebgames is often way wrong. I've had orders arrive that were listed as "suspend", "backorderd", "pre-order", and "shipped complete" at the time I received them. The surest way to check the order status is to call them...

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I picked up Super Monkey Ball 2 yesterday at Best Buy. They had it for $49.95, but I used my $5 gift card from Reservoir Dogs and a $5 back-to-school cupon. My fiancee and I played it for almost 5 hours last night. In short, we really like what they've done to the main game. In SMB1, the main game was so annoying to play through and levels so repetitive, that we rarely played it, concentrating mostly on the mini & party games. Playing SMB2, we spent only a little bit of time playing Monkey Target (we're Monkey Target nuts in SMB1), but really enjoyed playing the main game. We're on the 4th "world" so far. Lots of fun, and the levels are really interesting. Amazing backgrounds too!

So far, we really like SMB2. But we're not going to be getting rid of SMB1 yet either, if ever.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Went to four stores today looking for Super Monkey Ball 2, none of them had it so I got Super Mario instead.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
None of the B&M's have it here yet either. :frowning:
Fortunately I have Mario to tide me over (not to mention the first Monkey Ball, which has been fiendishly difficult to complete).
~j

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Super... / .. Monkey .....Ball?

I, for one, give Kudos to Sega for releasing this game.

Kudos Kudos Kudos!!!

~sjy

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I also love Monkey Target. How does the new compare to the old? I hear it no longer features alternating play; a problem for the controller quantity challenged like me.

jeremy

mourad

Grip
The biggest change, for me, is to able to individually select a level now, and not have to play through a bunch to get to that one annoying hard level in the middle, and then die again, etc.
I was waiting to rent SMB2 to verify what Scott_W refered to. I hated the fact that you had always to start from the beginning of the level in SMB1. I'll pick it up today.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Oh, forgot to mention this before... although I don't have the equipment to test it, Super Monkey Ball 2 supports 16x9 and progressive scan.

I really like the main game level structure. There are 10 levels in each "world", and there are 10 worlds. You can retry each level as much as you want, and you don't have to complete the levels sequentially.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
I picked up my copy today and practically cried when I saw that the game supported 16:9 progressive scan. I foresee myself drinking lots of soda pop and staying up very late tonight.
Too bad I'm stuck at work right now. I'm dying to get home and play this game. Mario needs a bit of a break, if only for a couple hours. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks