What's new

Is Soul Calibur 2 out, on any format? (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I remember loving this game on the Dreamcast. Does it exist on any of the 3 new consoles.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
As mentioned above, it is coming for the X-Box and the PS2, but is also coming for the Gamecube. No release date yet though.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the GameCube version was announced first at SpaceWorld 2001 (Nintendo's gaming event) and then was announced for the PS2 and X-Box later.

Ike

Screenwriter
It was hard to navigate around Gamespot and find this title, and I didn't even think about looking for GameCube. But, hey, that's great if your a 'cube owner.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Out for GC first, then PS2 & Xbox.
found it on gamespy's new "Best of 2002" list posted last night.
Link Removed

Kelly Scott Rickards

Stunt Coordinator
According to Hiroaki Yotoriyama, the producer of Soul Calibur 2, the game (running on the PS2-esque system 246 arcade board) won't be released until around June of 2002..

Hasao Nakamura wants Yotoriyama to release all three versions of the game (GC, PS2 and XBOX) simultaineous release.....this from an interview with Yotoriyama in the December issue of Next Generation Magazine..

Expect to see the 3 console versions of the game released in the fall...

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I can't wait to see this title. Should be amazing and it might just convince me to get a console.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks