What's new

Is Sony KP53HS10 TV a good buy? (1 Viewer)

Mark Tomlin

Agent
-All-
I originally posted this in the "TV and Projectors" area but I think it belonhs here. I am looking at upgrading from my 35" Sony (not a Wega) and was reading some very positive reviews about the Sony KP53HS10 at audioreview.com. Is anyone out there an owner or familiar with this set and if so, what are some of the strengths and limitations of this model? My local Costco has it for $ 2,299, which from what I can tell is a pretty decent price. I will also scour the internet for any other info on this model. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
------------------

Mark,
I have a Sony 61HS10 and love it. Visit this site
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sonyhs10
for some excellent info on almost any topic of the HS10, including comparisons to the new HS20/30s coming out, as well as info on where to get a 53HS10 for $1999 plus $30 shipping, I believe. It's a great site full of very helpful information, tweaks and tips by over 500 people who own these great Sonys.
Good luck
mike
------------------
Consuming air and other valuable resources since 1953.

Mark Tomlin

Agent
My viewing mix is currently 70% DSS (sports, movies, network programming) and 30% DVD's so I don't think a 16.9 TV is for me right now. I have no plans on upgrading to an HDTV reciever in the next few years when it is more widely available so I think the Sony KP53HS10 will be a good stop-gap until that time comes. I was able to get Sears to price-match an Outpost.com price of $ 1,999 + a $ 30 delivery charge for the KP53HS10, which I think is a steal. That's $ 300 less than the price at Costco, to say nothing of the fact that Sears is also an authorized Sony distributor. I will probably go ahead and purchase this set tommorow.
------------------

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The HS30 is about to come out and will have a better doubler with inverce telecine capability, and will also have an extra set of hidef inputs and various design refinements/fixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks