Is Shout Factory our new best chance for...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by todd s, Feb 7, 2005.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

With Shout Factory's upcoming release of Miracles. I wonder if they will become our best chance at getting dvd releases of shows the main studios may not want to? I am not sure if Gord or Dave have a contact with them or not. But, I would love to see a rep come to the forum and discuss this. Maybe even take some suggestions.

2. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

A lot of us already worship them for putting Freaks & Geeks on dvd with all the original music. They're definitly the company to watch right now and I can't think of another company I'd rather get the rights to put out my favorite shows.

3. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Most of the big studios don't license their titles out, so it's not possible for anyone to license them. Studios that no longer license material include: Warner, Sony Pictures, Universal and MGM. That leaves Fox and Disney as the only major players willing to license their content.

Gord

4. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

Gord is it possible that Fox could license out their two bigger music problem dvds WKRP & Wonder Years to Shout Factory? They did such a wonderful job with Freaks & Geeks.

Or even Malcolm in the Middle Season 2?

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Right now Fox's deal seems to be exclusively with Anchor Bay, who they have a separate business relationship as well.