What's new

is season 1 of the sopranos worth renting, cause.. (1 Viewer)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Yes.
You may take an episode or two to get into it, but once you do, you'll be hooked.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yes.
It didn't take an episode or two. It two a minute or two to get me hooked. And the missus, too.
I can't wait for the new box set!!!!!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Maybe for me, it was the fact that I didn't see the pilot until almost two years after the show premiered (similar situation to Todd). The hype was astronomical and I found the pilot not as compelling as I'd imagined it to be. Then I watched a couple more episodes. It deserves every bit of its hype, if that's at all possible.
The answer to the question is still an overwhelming YES.

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
Yes!!!
Just finished the 2nd season, Don't know how I am going to make it until the 3rd is released.
kd

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Like most great series The Sopranos is not the concept it's the writing. This is fantastically well plotted and dialogue-driven. I had the same feeling when I finally saw the series, as I did when watching Fight Club - that finally someone had remembered what good writing was all about.
Theo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks