What's new

Is Scaring People Illegal? (1 Viewer)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

My thoughts exactly, there are plenty of nuts in the world and some are of the gun toting type. Even if the person was not a trained combatant or carrying an obvious weapon if they were carrying something hard and heavy (trophy or bowling ball) it could lead to a bad situation to either party by accident.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

I think it was staged, I found it strange that none of these people had any kind of music device they were listening to (ipod or mp3 player) which would make this a very expensive prank since most people I know carry at least a cellphone, some cash, and some other electronics which may not be water proof.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Not just that, but most of the "victims" seemed rather happy about falling into a muddy water hole. None of them seemed confused or angry ... very unbelieveable.

- Colton

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Yes, a weird fetish indeed. And, probably a crime according to attorney Dennis Nichols, in post #19. With all due respect, something needs to change.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
In Florida it is legal to shoot someone if you "feel threatened", even if the person is not armed and you are not on your own property.

So, I hope she isn't doing it in Florida!

Alex-C

Screenwriter
California has long recognized the right to recover damages for the intentional and unreasonable infliction of mental or emotional distress which results in foreseeable physical injury to plaintiff. California courts have also acknowledged the right to recover damages for emotional distress alone, without consequent physical injuries, in cases involving extreme and outrageous intentional invasions of one's mental and emotional tranquility. (State Rubbish etc. Assn. v. Siliznoff (1952) 38 Cal.2d 330, 336-337)

more here

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

You guys are getting a little out of control if you ask me. Zen is saying that she knows the people so chill out. There are several different people on here talking about the woman getting shot or killed!?! I carry a concealed weapon at times (permitted in my state) and I can't see myself shooting someone for scaring me. Now if Zen's girlfriend was hiding in an alley at 2 in the morning while I am walking home and tries to scare me things might be different. However I assume this is done at normal times and in normal places???????

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
good points matt and i agree mostly.

if someone i know preceeds to jump out from behind things trying to scare me
they wouldnt get past the second time they did that to me.

just jumpming outt and scaring is not very imaginative.

putting your head under a pot or a box on a table at least has some imagination to it.

although would get tired quick too.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Zen didn't mention that she knew the people until his second post, so really you can discount my martial artist comment. His first post sounded very much like she would do this guerilla-style to anyone, anywhere that struck her fancy.

Scaring friends is not only legit, I consider it highly entertaining myself. Just don't surprise your magnum carrying, krav maga expert friend too much ;)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I directed her to this thread and her and her co-worker(a fellow practical joker) were trippin' on how not-cool guys are with being randomly frightened. I hate it!

I swear she's only gonna get worse. :) Neither of us poster-children for the sane though.

Some funny responses here; especially the 4th degree jiu jitsu master

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks