What's new

Is Saving Private Ryan DTS OOP? New 2-Disc Release coming in May (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Craig,

I don't know if you're joking or not but...

Ray

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Well CraigL, I hope you understod that I was a bit ironic :)

I´m sorry to say that I would not be surprised if this release never shows up in R2. It´s been a tradition that R1 always gets the best packing/cover. We already have the limited digipack edition which only costs around $17, so I guess not so many would be interested in picking this one up.

And now I heard that R2 is not getting the same plexiglas cover for the limited edition of Schindler´s List as R1. We probably only going to get a digipacking edition. That´s the way it is...:frowning:

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Pete,
That's a let down! Why can't we all get the cool packaging and extras like everyone should get! I say all the companies take all the releases of a particular movie (say a Special Edition) that has different extras and audio and make an end-all version for everyone to enjoy...
Ray

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Marcos,
The cover looks like a digipack. Especially cool looking for me because me younger brothers are in the military and they gave me an empty ammunition box for a prop in one of my movies I made with my friends.
Ray

P.S. I'm gonna put down the full deposit for this. I'm extremely glad I didn't buy the single disc edition yesterday. Another bonus for my Spielberg Collection! Now if only Universal could do the same for Jaws by porting all the laserdisc features with the current ones on a Disc 2 of 2. The film would be on disc one with DTS, DD and a mondo cool bitrate for video. JAWS 2-Disc Special Edition! I can only dream...:D:emoji_thumbsup:

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Wouldn't count on it. Spielberg is now anti-deleted scenes as well as anti-commentary.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'm not clear if this will contain any of the extras from the previous release. I've been putting off getting this film, but now I'll have to. Nice art! :emoji_thumbsup:

This and Showgirls has made my day! ;)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Saving Private Ryan was the first DVD I bought. Paid the full SRP for it too. Oops! I didn't know better. :)

I'll be picking up this bad boy.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Some do, but the ones that I know of: Jaws and CE3K came out years ago. His apparent anti-deleted scene stance came about since then. I think it would be great if ones were included, but as I said, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
SPR was my first DVD too, along with Gladiator, U-571, and The Patriot. I remember getting them for Christmas of 2000, along with my first DVD player.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'm putting down the FULL deposit for this release! Thanks, Steve! May you make more kick ass flicks for all time and people to enjoy...:D

TomWoodward

Second Unit
This release has been available in region two (the UK at least) for quite a few months - it just isn't known as the D-Day 60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
Saving PR was my first DVD purchase also....years ago. Is the DTS version worth the upgrade from my original DD5.1 release?

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

With the same announced extras? So the extras from the original release aren't carried over then? :frowning:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
How can it be "all new"? It still has the same film on it, correct? Or is this a director's extended edition of some sort?

John Macri

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
For authenticity's sake, I hope they correct the box lettering. The 7.62 mm round was not adopted until the 1950s (M14). In WWII the .30 cal round in use were 30.06 (e.g., M1 Garand, BAR, Browning MG) & .30 M1 Carbine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks