Is Sarah Brightman lip-syncing the La Luna concert DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Pine, Feb 18, 2003.

1. John Pine

John Pine Supporting Actor

John Pine
    Could not find a prior thread on this. I just purchased this concert DVD and was watching the DTS playback and it appears she is lip-syncing some of the songs. I find this hard to believe, but a few of the reviews on Amazon mention this also. Maybe it's just bad audio synchronization or am I just crazy?!

2. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

I'd be very surprised if Brightman were lip-syncing. Especially while being filmed for a video concert release.

What tracks of the La Luna dvd gives you that suspicion?

3. John Pine

John Pine
    I'll have to go back and note the ones. I was in such a state of disbelief I wasn't paying much attention to what she was singing, just her delivery.

4. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

watch in the Dolby digital playback and see if it appears to do the same thing. It could be a mastering problem.

5. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

If I recall correctly, the performance on her dvd is a compilation of 2 shows. Sarah will first record the performance live with an audience, then do all the closeup shots to the playback of the same concert with no audience.

I've played both the dd & dts version of the concert and have'nt noticed any oddities in her performance.

I remember the first time I saw her, I couldn't believe how well her voice sounded and wasn't sure if it was real or it was Memorex[​IMG]

6. John Pine

John Pine
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Maybe this weekend I'll have a chance to check out the DD5.1 version as well.