What's new

Is "Saddest Music in the World" dvd aspect ratio. (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I see conflicting info on various sites as to the asperct ratio of the DVD. So first, is the dvd widescreen or full screen, and second, if the DVD is full screen then is that the OAR?
Oh yeah and just in case someone knows and since no one answered me in my other thread can anyone give me the same info on the Harvie Krumpet DVD?

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
Obscure films like these never get an accurate, 100%, detailed listing at various DVD sites, so they will always conflict. It comes out in stores today, so I recommend checking the package for yourself, if someone does not report in on this with first-hand experience... btw, I look forward to renting Saddest Music, as it sounds right up my alley. I meant to catch in the one Miami-area theater that played it when it was released, but it only lasted one week in the theater!

WarrenM

Stunt Coordinator
Here's the issue...

The first printing of the Canadian dvd from TVA Films claimed "widescreen" on the back but it turned out to be a horrible P&S transfer. TVA Films have apparently corrected this and are releasing a WS version on November 23rd.

The American edition from MGM, which comes out tomorrow, is being shown in its 1.85:1 OAR with an anamorphic transfer. A review can be found here:

http://dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=13129

I would say go with MGM's version, they are more reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks