Is RP82 currently the best value for a prog. DVD player?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Manuel Parrado, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Manuel Parrado

Manuel Parrado Stunt Coordinator

Just that question.

2. Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto Supporting Actor

Define "value".

My definition would be the best picture quality, running 480p into my Sony 36XBR800, for the least amount of money.

Given that definition, the answer to your question is yes. The RP82 is at least as good a value as anything on the market and a much better value than most. The RP62 comes close, though, and if "for the least amount of money" is a bigger factor than "the best picture quality" I could see tilting toward the RP62 on that basis. It sells for an amazingly low price, IMHO.

I must caveat this by saying that I didn't do a whole lot of comparison shopping. My non-progressive RV31 produced a very, very high-quality picture (non-interlaced) for dirt cheap. So I didn't have to look very far when it was time to go progressive-scan.

3. Jon W (NoVA)

Jon W (NoVA) Stunt Coordinator

I thought the CP72 was an even better value since it includes a 5 disc changer for not much more.

4. Manuel Parrado

Manuel Parrado Stunt Coordinator

You guys have the same definition of value as I do.
    I picked up the RP82 today (ordered it, at least) after loads of positive feedback.

Thank you both.

5. Manny_S

Manny_S Stunt Coordinator

I also picked up an RP-82 last week and love it. So much for so little. [​IMG] [​IMG]