What's new

Is Ronin anamorphic?? (1 Viewer)

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
I don't think it is, yet the case says the movie is enhanced for widescreen televisions. To me, that means anamorphic.
Anyone??
Thanks.
------------------
PJ

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Rob,
Then I am doing something wrong. I have the Wega which does not do the auto detect for anamorphic dvds. However, when I watched it yesterday and switched the set to the 16x9 squeeze, the image on the screen was much too tiny to be the correct aspect ratio. Ronin is 2.35x1 right??
------------------
PJ

Mike Russell

Agent
Perry - I have a wega aswell. You have to tell your DVD player that it is plugged into a widescreen TV and then turn on the anamorhpic squeeze. My TV won't auto-detect either, even thought it is supposed to. Disregard if you are already aware.
-MR
------------------
Be as gentle with the faults of others as you are with your own - Egg Shen.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Is the disc in the correct way around? Ronin is a two-sided DVD with the pan & scan version on one of them. If you were playing that side you would end up with a 'squished' picture when applying the 16:9 squeeze.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Yes, I have put the disc in the right way. I tried flipping it over to make sure I had it right, and the screen that says, "this movie has been formatted to fit your screen blah blah blah" came up.
I have viewed all kinds of different anamorphic dvds on this TV before. I'm not sure what is going on...
Thanks for the help.
------------------
PJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks