What's new

Is Robocop Criterion Collection Closed Captioned? (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I was dismayed when I put in Robocop: Criterion Collection and found there were no subtitles! Okay. No big deal -- just use the closed captions. Then I discover that the closed captions aren't displaying. I checked Amazon before buying this thing and they STATE: CLOSED CAPTIONED!!
So...IS it closed captioned or not? It's a criterion release, and I expect all criterion releases to be closed captioned and subtitled (since it is released by Criterion). Is that too much to ask?
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
sorry, as it was an early Criterion release and a port of the LD... there are no captions or subs.
Excellent Disc though
biggrin.gif

Edit: also, Silence of the Lambs Criterion also has no subs or CC... simply put, I think that the content just didn't exist at the time and these discs were some of Criterion's first forays into DVD.
------------------
Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
Link Removed Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

[Edited last by RobLutter on August 25, 2001 at 10:43 PM]

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
WHY does amazon.com SAY the disc (YES...the same criterion one I'm talking about) is closed-captioned then? It's generally very difficult for me to understand some films/TV shows unless they're closed-captioned since I'm hearing impaired.
frown.gif

Meh...that's not gonna stop me from watching it, though. It's still an excellent DVD!
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!
[Edited last by Brian Harnish on August 26, 2001 at 01:41 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks