What's new

is Resident Evil: Code Veronica X good? (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Blockbuster has a pre-played copy of this for sale, for $24.95... worth it, if it's not scratched to hell?

Brian

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Yes it is.
If you have played any of the REsident Evil series and enjoyed them its a no-brainer. If you have never touched the Resident Evil series its an excellent game to start with. Its the best installament in the series. You'll get a good solid 15 hours of play time out of it and an enthralling storyline to boot. For 24.95 its a really good bargain too.
WARNING! Once you play this you will want the other games in the series to fill in the blanks of the story:) (unless you have already played them)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I've only played the DC version, but the PS2 game is pretty similar.

Bottom line: The game is well worth it. I think it's the best Resident Evil since the first one. Good stuff.

ChrisV

Second Unit
I agree with everybody else, if you like Resident Evil, then you must get this game. Well worth 25 bucks.

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
The DC version was excellent. Haven't played the PS2 version, but I've heard it's very similar, so I'd say it's worth it. Really one of the best games on the DC.

Kip

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
To further extend the life of this thread, how about Resident Evil 3: Nemesis?
More of a side story than a main part of the story I find three to be the best playing of the RE games. The added dodge and bullet recipes add a tinge of strategy to the gameplay and you can see the beginnings of the later control schemes of Onimusha and DMC in this game. You no longer have to press a button to go up and down stairs and well Nemesis is just unnerving. All together a solid entry in the series and it can be had on the DC for 10-15 bucks in most places. I recommend it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Overall I would agree that Code Veronica is the best in the series, however for scares and suspense, I have to go with Nemesis.
I can't tell you how many times I jumped or was worried about going into a room for fear of running into that frikkin' Nemesis.:D
Get 'em all if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks