What's new

Is Rambo IV the first movie spawned by 9/11? (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Brian_J:
oth·er·wise: adv.
In another way; differently: She thought otherwise.
biggrin.gif

But I would be interested in seeing this faux (MC)Hammer video as well.
------------------
Spoiler:One Thousand Words
My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!
[Edited last by John Thomas on November 15, 2001 at 02:45 AM]

DanR

Supporting Actor
I'm all for a Rambo IV, but this concept of going after Osama is a terrible idea.
They should do something else.
Regards,
Dan

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
This movie will never happen, regardless of Osama's future whereabouts.
Is Sly gonna have sidewinders mounted on his walker? Is he going to slit someone's throat with his AARP card? C'mon.

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know about actually including Osama, but I'd be a sucker for any incarnation of Rambo IV. Ditto Rocky 6.
Am I nuts? Maybe. I'd like to think I have good taste in film, but sometimes, watching a movie with a familar character is like slipping into an old pair of shoes. Lest we forget that in the '30s and '40s, the so-called "Golden Age," film series consisting of a dozen or more entries was not uncommon. With that in mind, four Rambo flicks isn't exactly overkill.
And while everyone can feel free to make senior-citizen jokes about Sly, I could only pray to look as well-preserved as he does when I'm in my mid-50s. :)
I think some of this country's bigger victories against terrorism will be played out behind-the-scenes and away from the journalist's eye. I see nothing wrong in a cathartic dramatization of those accomplishments. There's a very fine line between doing it in good taste and doing it in bad, however.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
quote: This is not half a hilarious as Jason X, which I was jumped all over for saying was one of the most ridiculous things Hollwood has pumped out.[/quote]
Yeah, well where the hell was your support when I started a thread about a year ago making fun of it? :) All I heard was "give it chance".
rolleyes.gif

I mean "in space"??? Jeez Louise.
btw, Hubert, if you did throw some support in and I have just forgotten, sorry. :) Remember that thread, I think I called it "My prediction for worst film of 2001" about a year ago (after I read about it at upcomingmovies.com).
I'll go out on a limb and put Rambo IV as a front runner for worst of it's release year.
wink.gif

------------------
Greetings from the Humungus! The Lord Humungus!
The Warrior of the Wasteland!
The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah!
[Edited last by Seth Paxton on November 16, 2001 at 01:07 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiranOtter
Recent bookmarks