What's new

Is Radiohead getting worse? (1 Viewer)

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
i was listening to them tonite on much music and was thinking their music is on a downward spiral. What mindset are you supposed to be in to be able to tolerate listening to their more recent music? destitute and in a state of confusion? How about high on some drug or another?
Aaron

Dave Isham

Grip
While I'm inclined to believe that their new direction is not for everyone, I caught the second half of that program and came away energized and enthralled w/ the performance. Radiohead is churning away in uncharted waters with a sound and presence that is IMO unique and refreshing. I'll be seeing them live at my first opportunity. (I'm a fan of the older stuff too. In fact at my insistance my band incorporated 'Creep' into our repertoire only two days after it's premier on MTV's '120 minutes')
I haven't had such a pivotal experience since attending a double billing of Fishbone and The Red Hot Chili Peppers back in 1986? (original lineup for both) at NYC's now defunct 'The Ritz'. On Halloween no less...
Maybe what Ian Faith said of Spinal Tap applies to Radiohead as well. 'I just think their audience has become more ..... selective'
------------------

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
i'd have to say that i like the way they're heading. if you listen to their albums chronologically, it feels like a natural progression for the band. as much as i love pablo honey, if they were to release a new album that sounded like it, i think i'd be dissapointed. it'd be like a step backward. i think i read in an interview that when people complain about stuff like that in music it just doesn't make sense. when a painter's style evolves, you don't ask him to paint in his original style (ooh.. bad paraphrasing on my behalf).
i also think that some of their best songs have come out of the kid a/amnesiac sessions... how to disappear, morning bell (the kid a version), pyramid song and you and whose army are among my favorites.
i'd also like to add... MONTREAL IN 11 DAYS, BABY!
------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks