What's new

Is PUNK'D Season 1 DVD worth getting??? (1 Viewer)

Eric_T_B

Grip
I'm just curious as to if anyone has bought this yet and if it's worth the buy? Also to anyone who has bought it does it say when season two might be out kind of like the Buffy and Angel box sets say?

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
I bought it.

I dunno if I could call it "Worth it" as I only bought it for Dushku, Alba, and Moore. Dems hot chickadees, no mistake. ;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Antony, since your reasons for buying seem very...reasonable :D can you say whether there's extra stuff on the DVD that would make people w/ similar reasons want to buy this disc?

Eric_T_B

Grip
Lol I like how you said "A better way to phrase the question would be "Am I getting PUNK'D if I buy the Season One set?" thats too funny. But hey if it's uncensored then heck for 15,99 I might buy it gotta be better then The Simple Life which wasn't.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
If it has PINK's (the singer) segment on it ....:b her headlights are on through the whole segment :wink:

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
It's uncensored. As far as language goes. The nudity is blurred though. There's 2 easter eggs. And there's tons of deleted scenes. Some are just Ashton talking in black and white, but some of them are hilarious dialogue obviously cut for time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good think the nudity is blurred because Dax in the Jessica Alba segment might be a little too much for the casual viewer...

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Still holding out since there's other TV series I wanna get but in my opinion, I say that Justin Timberlake almost breaking down into tears is worth the pricetag. ;)

Shane D

Supporting Actor
I bought this without ever having watched the show and I loved it. Its a great set for just 20 bucks. I was expecting timberlake to cry too, but he didnt' bawl, he just looked like his cat had been ran over.

But over all, i loved it, and even the commentaires were pretty good, even though they barely talked about the episode they were watching. (at least the first disc was like that, i haven't listened to the 2nd one yet)

and there are 2 bits that never showed.
the 8 year old in charge of mtv hiring interns
and a blind tattoo artist.

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
the blind tattoo artist was hilarious.

yeah, someone stole my register. They're still in the store.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Having just watched this set over the weekend, I must say that I haven't enjoyed myself that much for a while!

Quite simply, it's a new version of Candid Camera, just going well off the deep end! Anyone who enjoys this type of show will get a kick out of this one.

Very, very enjoyable. My only real complaint, which Gord agreed with, is the way the deleted scenes must be accessed. Get this, but check the "bonus stuff" menu first. You'll see how to access the deleted scenes without having to watch everything twice.

If you mess that up, though, it's cool. I pretty much guarantee that most people WILL want to watch these twice! :)

I haven't read it yet, but here is Gord's official review.

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
I submitted the hidden easter eggs on the DVD almost a week ago to dvdeastereggs.com and they still haven't been posted!!! :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks