What's new

Is Polk PSW-202 adequate for 10X10 room? (1 Viewer)

Seam Dempsy

Stunt Coordinator
Its only 50-W and I havent heard anything too great about their subs but this one is free with the speaker package I am purchasing so I just wanted to see whether or not I will have to or want to replace it. Im assuming it would be just fine. Since my room is indeed very small and cluttered.

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
Well, if its free, take it, and see what you think! Positioning is key in a room that small though...

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Usually, you would experiment with positioning once the sub has been installed in your room. You would then move the sub around and determine where it sounds best in your situation.

Usually, as a starting point, you could install the sub in a corner at the front of your listening/viewing area. From there, work with it and see where it sounds and performs best. :)

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
I got one free with my 7.1 Polks I bought about a year ago. Thought I'd replace it but gave it a chance anyway. I have a room roughly twice your room's size and and even with the sub at about 1/3rd volume you can feel it pounding. I see no reason for a bigger wattage sub, and the quality ain't too shabby. I'm very happy with it for now anyway.

- Jack

JunoVazquez

Stunt Coordinator
I heard that you can get it for free or you'll get a discount. I heard it's a good sub for small rooms, must be good enough for a 10X10 room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks