Is Pi being rereleased?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by mike martin, Jan 22, 2002.

1. mike martin

mike martin Stunt Coordinator

Caught a blurb about a Reservoir Dogs Special Edition in the works and hit the net to try and find some specs but came up empty; but along the way I thought I saw a box pitcture for Pi that looked different from the edition I've seen on the shelves next to the RD box pic. This begs the question, is Pi also getting a Special Edition? If so then that gives me two must buy disks and two disks that we should all avoid until then (that is the old versions). Any info on either of these titles is appreciated.

2. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

Doubt it. However I would absolutely love to see an anamorphic widescreen version of the film.

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Given that Pi was pretty stacked to start with (2 commentaries and other stuff), I don't know about a rerelease of that. Reservior dogs, pulp fiction and Jackie Brown have all been rumored to have SEs in the works, but nothing definite has been said about any of them.

4. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
  5. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

6. mike martin

mike martin Stunt Coordinator

Yes, the points about Pi are good. It seems unlikely that a rerelease would make sense.......but you just never know. At any rate Pi can be had for cheap, I've seen it for $10, just haven't felt a need to buy it yet.

Yeah, I know that RD has a release date; but were there any specs? I'm anxious to see what might be included. A commentary would be badass.

7. Michael St. Clair

Anybody here ever A-B this to the laserdisc? I've heard the LD has much better picture quality, which would imply that whoever encoded Pi for MPEG didn't know what they were doing.

There are a lot of rough early B&W DVDs.

8. John*K

John*K Stunt Coordinator

9. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter