What's new

Is Parasound A23 a decent Amp? (1 Viewer)

StevenW

Second Unit
Hey all. I currently have a Denon 3801 matched with Klipsch RF3's. I will shortly be aquiring the 5.1 Energy Veritas line, thanks to an incredible deal I got from my brother who works at GoodGuys (80% off retail). I was thinking about possibly putting my foot into the separates game and getting a 2channel Amp & using the Denon as a preamp. Again, my bro who works at the Good Guys could get me cost. It seems the only amp brand they carry is Parasound. Have you guys heard anything about the A23 model?Parasound A23. It would be around $500 at cost. Any input would be much appreciated. :)

Yogi

Screenwriter
Parasound makes very musical and warm sounding amps and you should be happy with their sound. The A23 (haven't listened to one) only seems like an improvement over their classic series (luv them) so I think you will be extremely happy with the combo. Best of luck.

Nick V

Second Unit
It's weird, I went to my Parasound dealer yesterday to check out the 1500A and the 1000A, and I was struck that they didn't have any of the classic models out on the floor. Then I asked my salesman if they could order them in and he said, "yeah, whatever they have left."

Then he went on to say that they're phasing the classic products out, and that the HALO line will soon become their only line.

I was unaware of this, and found it very interesting. Oh, and BTW, the A23 is a very nice sounding amp. I listened to it for about an hour and a half yesterday with some Paradigm Monitor 11's (My speakers) and I found it VERY warm and musical sounding. It also has a very well controlled bottom end. But, I think I'm gonna go with a Rotel, because the Parasound gear really isn't competitively priced here in Canada.

StevenW

Second Unit
Yeah he told me that his store will no longer carry any Parasound amps other than the Halo line. Thanks for the opinions so far guys. :emoji_thumbsup:

JerryIII

Stunt Coordinator
StevenW,
I love all three of my Parasound amps. I have 2 HCA1000A which looks to be the predecessor of the A23. If the A23 is superior to the 1000A(which I have heard it is) then you should be very happy with it.

Jerry

John H

Second Unit
Then he went on to say that they're phasing the classic products out, and that the HALO line will soon become their only line.
According to the Parasound website...

The HALO series will be offered in addition to our well-established current line of “Classic” products.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks