What's new

Is Outlaw 950 now shipping? (1 Viewer)

James Tg

Stunt Coordinator
The Outlaw website says 950 is now shipping? Have anyone been contacted? Please share. I am on the waiting list, and cannot wait any longer.

James

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
They have not resumed shipping, and they haven't sent out a newsletter in a while. Last rumor I heard was that they may resume shipping sometime in August, but who knows. My name should be right at the top of the list, because they got through Jan 12 pre-orders before they halted shipping, and I pre-ordered on Jan 15. Of course, I've been enjoying my Rotel 1066 for a few months now, so I won't be buying the 950.

Mal P

Stunt Coordinator
What was the reason for the cessation of production of the 950?

Cheers,
Mal

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
E-schew E-mnfgrs
I disagree, the situation with the 950 could have happened to another company, and I don't see how it has anything to do with their distribution model. I'm very happy with the 770 amp I bought from them, and there are lots of people happy with products from such e-tailers as AV123, Axiom, etc. (I own some Axiom speakers, too).

Phill O

Stunt Coordinator
I think after many false starts, people have a
bitter feeling towards Outlaw. I have no problem
waiting (AS LONG AS THE WAIT IS WORTH IT!). I will
give Outlaw the benefit of a doubt, that they will
fix the problems. But considering there unfortunate
history on this one product. If they say it will be
ready in August, then it will be ready just before
Christmass.

I am not expecting a $900 product to be the be all
and end all of processors. But I do expect it to
work well and sound good.

Good luck to the Outlaws, I think they need it.
But in the end I think that they will have a wonderfull
product, once all the problem areas are taken care of.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Phill- I'll add a little on to what you posted.

I have some $$$ allocated for a pre/pro (receiver as a pre/pro).

I want to buy an Outlaw! But it ain't to be anytime soon. (My target was mid Sept, but now my target is a solid 3 months after shipping resumes for any *future* bugs to show up, software fixes, etc.)

And even though I refuse to buy the Rotel because of a lack of bass management on the 5.1 analog inputs, I've been taking a look at the new Yamaha RX-V1300, the HK 520, etc, as "just sometin' to fool with" until the 950 is ready for prime time.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
As mentioned earlier in the year, Atlantic Technology announced they were releasing a pre/pro that was remarkably similar to the Outlaw 950. Being that Peter Tribeman is the driving force behind both companies, it would be easy to surmise that they were pretty much the identical product internally.

Rumor has it that the Atlantic Technology pre/pro is now vaporware. It is not official yet...but that is the word on the industry street.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks